Translate

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Letter to the Boss!

The mail, that one young female had the balls to mail her boss sometime back. I'm quite impressed, I'm sure you will too! 

Dear Sir,

I have been working with you since past 8 months now, and I’m sad to say that nothing really has inspired me till now. Considering that this is my first full-time job, I have been really depressed and unhappy with the fact that I will be taking almost nothing with me when I will leave this place, which is very unfortunate.
Kindly, don’t take the above sentences in the negative; because those are just to make the whole environment I have been working in with the others a little positive. Everyone sticks to a job, if that interests him/her and inspires/motivates him/her  to learn and improve, but here, I haven’t found much of a motivation, there is nothing different that this workplace has given me, and the little hopes that I have from this place is what is prompting me to write this mail to you.

Firstly, since past 3 months, I have been getting the salary late (for whatever reason it might be) , in-spite of the fact that you know I don’t reside with my family, nor is my family very well to do to feed me and pay my rent and other expenses.

Parents educate their children, so that they can earn and live a independent life, I won’t want to ask my parents for money every month, what’s the point of calling myself a PR Executive if I have to still walk up to someone for money? I hope you understand this well, as you are an independent businessman yourself
Now, this month again, I haven’t received my salary, my house owner is yelling at the top of his voice outside my door each day I return home from office for the rent. My tiffin-wala has recently lost his father, and I have kept him hanging for the money (I’m sure he needs the money more than I or you need it), it gets more depressing, as it does not allow my consciousness to breathe.

Secondly, past 8 months, and I’m still get 13,000/-. I don’t think that is enough for the amount of work I have been doing which includes content, client servicing, Media relations, social media (which I have stopped recently, simply because I’m tired of everything) sometimes helping with the banner, making presentations & going for other meetings. According to me I deserve a raise.

Lastly, 8 months and still no offer letter, requesting you to consider that too.

So I would request you to reconsider employing me here. Timeliness, a Good work environment, organized work, and appreciation is all I’m asking for. And I’m sure my colleagues will agree with all the above. It’s already 10th today, and unfortunately I haven’t received my salary cheque which will take another 3-4 days to credit.

If you feel I’m not good enough, ask me to leave, I will leave with all my dignity. If you think I have been rude above, I would request you to step in my shoes for a while, and if you think I’m justified, do consider this mail seriously.

The final decision is yours. You can chose to ignore, or act upon this mail, either positively or negatively.

Regards,



A fellow human-being

3 comments:

creativebiren said...

Seriously,even I didn't receive my joining letter in my first full time job. Moreover there was nothing that I would have learnt for my growth even if I had stayed there for my whole life.

A true representation of most of the freshers in private jobs.

Unknown said...

Thankyou for visiting my blog! You are right there is 0% growth in such places and you end up being frustrated and demotivated.

Unknown said...

Thankyou for visiting my blog! You are right there is 0% growth in such places and you end up being frustrated and demotivated.