Translate

Thursday, November 14, 2013

The colors you fill up in the lives of the one who deserve has no limits

What is making me write this is this amazing campaign that I'm really looking forward to.

Some years back I used to go to this small village called 'Sarsole' in 'Nerul' to teach underprivileged kids. More than I could never teach them, I have learnt from them. They are the examples of super-enthusiastic kids, with no complains that would make you upset or angry at them. A girl, probably 13, came to me once and said, ‘Teacher, I love dancing, but my parents don’t let me dance at home, so I love coming here daily, I get to dance after every class’ When I see us as children, or even my younger cousins, siblings, I see, they study on the condition that they will be offered something like a smart phone, a laptop, a chocolate, clothes or something after their results are out, but for these kids a simple thing like getting to dance after the class is what drives  them to study.

They want to learn, they try, and they are honest to themselves. One boy came to me and said, “I don’t like studying, I just want to learn to speak English”. They are responsible, don’t throw tantrums, and if they do that does not irritate you.

I remember I used to teach them in an open ground, many times there used to not be proper place to sit, but not a single day went when they did not find a chair for me to sit. They wouldn't let me sit on the ground. This respect and love made me go and teach them each day, and when I couldn't it made me sad, really sad. Meeting them made me so happy; I used to forget all my worries and would become a kid with them.

2 years have passed since then, and I still miss each one of them. This Sunday I'm skipping a family get-together to attend this event where we will be painting the walls of a orphanage.

Whoever can, do come for this event on Sunday. Believe me, you will find a lot of peace here.



No comments: